Co-extruded three-ply plastic tape made from stabilised polyethylene carrier material with double-sided butyl rubber coating.
- For operating temperatures up to +50°C (+122°F).
- Real co-extruded three-ply tape.
- DVGW-certified in system with BUTYLEN-N60.
- Fuses in overlapping area to create a hose-like coating.
- Virtually impermeable to water vapour and oxygen.
- BUTYLEN-S20 is a cold-applied corrosion prevention tape for metal pipes and pipelines with small to very large nominal pipe diameters.
- BUTYLEN-S20 is a real co-extruded three-ply plastic tape made from a stabilised polyethylene carrier material with butyl rubber adhesive on both sides.
- The inner butyl rubber coating fuses with the outer layer to form a hose-like coating that is virtually impermeable to water vapour, soil bacteria and oxygen
BUTYLEN-S20 : Industries and solutions
Thanks to its high flexibility and durability, BUTYLEN-S20 is ideal as an outer tape in BUTYLEN corrosion prevention tape systems in power stations and station construction and for field joint coatings on pipelines. In combination with BUTYLEN-N60, BUTYLEN-S20 is part of the DIN-DVGW certified tape system and meets all requirements of stress class C 50 of EN 12068 and DIN 30672. Even under high mechanical stress, BUTYLEN-S20 used in conjunction with BUTYLEN three-ply tapes has been reliably fulfilling the requirements and expectations of network operators across thousands of kilometres of pipeline for more than 30 years.
Contact – What can we do for you?
Do you have questions about products, system solutions or our company? Fill in our contact form. We are looking forward to hearing from you.