A real co-extruded two-ply plastic tape made from a stabilised polyethylene carrier material with a butyl rubber adhesive on one side.
- For temperatures up to +85°C (+185°F).
- DIN-DVGW certified with BUTYLEN-AS30.
- Excellent mechanical protection.
- BUTYLEN-R20 MP is a co-extruded two-ply plastic tape made from a stabilised polyethylene carrier material with a butyl rubber coating.
- In BUTYLEN corrosion prevention systems, BUTYLEN-R20 MP is used as an outer tape, providing reliable mechanical protection for the three-ply inner tape.
- The butyl rubber coating on BUTYLEN-R20 MP fuses with the outer layer of the three-ply inner tape, creating a reliable and tight seal.
BUTYLEN-R20 MP : Industries and solutions
BUTYLEN-R20 MP is used on pipelines (oil, gas, water), particularly under extreme mechanical loads, for field joint coating and pipe coating and rehabilitation. Although just ≥ 0.5 mm thick, BUTYLEN-R20 MP is exceptionally durable and boasts a high impact resistance, which in turn means that the field joint coating system on top is highly resistant to impact and indentation. BUTYLEN-R20 MP used in conjunction with BUTYLEN three-ply tapes has reliably fulfilled the requirements and expectations of operators across thousands of kilometres of pipeline.